Saturday, June 6, 2009

hmmmm

I really need to work on some actual pieces of art instead of just posters and sketches and album art, etc. Sam, the owner of the Visual Arts Collective, asked me when I was going to have a show at his place. Uh... seriously? It was Erin and Ben's art opening last night and their work was amazing. I don't even think I should be put into the same gallery as them. But, I keep hearing it over and over from folks. I just need to do it. I need to spend my every night painting and drawing.

One problem though. I don't know what I want to do. It isn't that I don't have ideas, I just have so many. And I have established myself with a particular medium I am most comfortable with or a subject matter. Sometimes I draw photo-realistically or from life, or times I have monsters and giant rabbits drawn in a cartoon kind of style. I need to find a happy medium. Or maybe I don't.

I have noticed I do some of my favorite things with acrylics on cardboard and chipboard. I got a giant hunk of cardboard about 4 feet across that I am just dying to paint something onto it. Maybe I will go with an animal theme and a monster theme and pull the weird stuff from my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment